ICAR is a coalition of 11 organizations working to promote solutions to the problem of agunot and mesoravot get (women whose husbands are unable or unwilling to grant them a Jewish divorce), in accordance with Halacha (Jewish Law). ICAR unites social-welfare, women’s, human rights, and social justice organizations, as well as academic centers, serving as an umbrella organization for groups with differing and varied religious approaches.
For a list of our member organization click here.
ICAR's goal is to bring about a situation in which no woman is trapped in the confines of marriage against her will and that no woman should have to pay for her freedom. ICAR's mission is to ultimately eliminate the problem of Agunot and Mesuravot Get.
ICAR works in many different ways to promote the rights and advancement of Agunot and Mesuravot Get. Our activities include:
- Constructing this Website as a venue for raising public awareness.
- Advocating for legislative reforms that will improve and relieve the plight of agunot and mesuravot get.
- Educating the public regarding Halachic and legal solutions to the problem.
- Encouraging the use of the existing Halchic and legal solutions and efforts by the various religious movements to discover new solutions
- Encouraging the use of prenuptial agreements
International Agunah Day 2016- choose your prenuptial agreement!
To watch the video click here
For Examples for Prenuptial Agreements click here
As part of the services given by ICAR the following services can be found:
Legal advice on prenuptial agreements, claims for damages against Sarvaney Get, representation of women in the rabbinical courts in fundamental issues, and legal representation in Supreme Court in fundamental issues relating to the rights of Get Refusal women. These services are given by The Center for Women's Justice for free. Phone: 02-5664390 (Nitzan)
ICAR would like to thank our generous supporters:
The Blaustein Foundation